Very Narrow Aisle reach trucks
Even for experienced forklift users, operating an articulated, Very Narrow Aisle (VNA) reach truck, confined spaces of 6 feet and less, is a real challenge.
This ITSSAR-accredited course is designed to help operators of all levels understand the key principles, and acquire the skills and knowledge they need, to work safely with VNA trucks.
The course can be adapted for novices, experienced but untrained operators, and refresher and recertification purposes.
Course duration: 1-5 days (depending on trainees’ experience level)
- HSW 1974, MHSW 1999, PUWER 1998, LOLER 1998
- Operators’ safety code
- Introduction to truck and use of controls
- Mounting and dismounting
- Starting, moving and stopping
- Steering in open and confined spaces
- Lift truck stability
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Pre-use inspection and takeover
- Battery care and safe recharging procedures
- Weight assessment
- Handling laden and unladen pallets
- Driving in aisles under guide rails
- Driving in aisles with under-floor guides
- Stacking and destacking – on the relevant racking system
- Testing – practical, pre-use check, associated knowledge
Where subjects cannot be covered practically, they will either be simulated or covered orally followed by an appropriate theoretical test.
For more information, please contact us on 01432 277180, or drop us a line.