Mobile elevated working platforms
Providing safe equipment is only one part of your duties when it comes to safe working at height. This AITT accredited course gives workers the skills and knowledge they need to use access platforms safely.
Each course covers one kind of mobile elevated working platform (MEWP): telescopic, articulated or scissor-lift.
Accredited course: The course is approved by AITT – an accredited governing body recognised by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Course duration: 1-2 days (depending on experience and number of trainees)
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations1999
- Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Working at Height Regulations 2005
- Operators’ safety code
- Introduction to MEWP and controls
- Pre-use inspection and takeover
- MEWP stability
- Inspection and use of safety harness
- Starting, moving and stopping
- Steering in open and confined spaces
- Operation of MEWP controls
- Battery care / refuelling procedures
- Practical, pre-use inspection and theoretical tests
Where subjects cannot be covered practically, they will either be simulated or covered orally followed by an appropriate theoretical test.
Note: Where training is at your site, you must provide safety harnesses.
For more information, please contact us on 01432 277180, or email us.