It all starts with a great team
Our success – and our customers’ trust – relies on having brilliant people in every department. So we set our standards high, and reward our people for a job well done.
As part of our team, you’ll benefit from a competitive salary, ample annual leave, a generous company pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare and ongoing, high-quality accredited training – so we’ll look after you now and for years to come.
We’re proud to say our people tend to stay with us – our engineering team alone has over 250 years’ combined service. HFT is a family business established over 35 years ago, by joining us you become part of the family.
Service & Breakdown Engineer
New opportunity not to be missed! We are looking for a Service & Breakdown Engineer to join our growing team supporting our workshop and customer sites. In return, you will receive a competitive salary and employment package including health care.
Our team of Service Engineers work with us as they enjoy the day to day challenges that they are met with and value their ability to work as part of a supported, self-reliant and self-motivated team in a family run business. They feel valued and stable and as a result of this, they can adapt to various tasks throughout their working day and are accepting to changes within the workplace.
You will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective quality of service reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
As a Service & Breakdown Engineer, duties will include:
- Carrying out servicing, breakdowns and preventive maintenance in the most efficient and cost effective manner on behalf of HFT and the Customer
- Trouble shooting problems, repairing, testing, calibrating and fault finding
- Providing on-site technical support to clients as required
- Building relationships and offering excellent customer service
- Maintaining company assigned vehicle, tools, and test equipment in satisfactory conditions
- Working with Operations Team to meet scheduled/committed activity & ensure standards and commitments are maintained and upheld
- Attending regular training courses as required and determined by Operations Manager
What we are looking for in a Field Service Engineer?
Ideally you will hold a formal qualification such as NVQ and/or City and Guilds, and will have experience of working in the forklift industry.
Alternatively, you may be working with agricultural & plant machinery or mechanical engineering & motor vehicles and are looking for a fresh new challenge.
We are seeking a proactive and driven individual with excellent communication skills with a positive can do attitude.
To find out more or to apply for this position, email your details and CV here.
An excellent opportunity to support an established team of skilled engineers in our workshop, a busy hub that is relied upon by all departments for the quality preparation and maintenance of material handling equipment. This role makes an essential contribution to the smooth functioning of the workshop and therefore the service we provide to our customers.
As Workshop Assistant, duties will include:
- Washing off & preparing equipment for repair, sanding priming and painting & assisting the workshop engineers with repairs
- Visual damage checks
- Monitoring and maintaining workshop consumables stock levels and recording movement of workshop tools
- Keeping an up to date stock inventory to include attachments, forks and tyres
- Maintaining the wash bay and spray booth facilities
- Tyre cutting, keeping equipment charged and rotating stock
- Maintaining tidiness and cleanliness of the workshop, ensuring compliance with Health and Safety standards at all times and assisting with the daily opening and closing of the workshop
What are we looking for in a Workshop Assistant?
The successful candidate will enjoy being part of a focused team committed to meeting deadlines and working to high quality standards. You should also be willing to use your initiative, be able to organise your time effectively and take pride in maintaining a smart, clean and efficient work environment. No engineering experience or qualification is necessary, all appropriate training will be given and upward progression is possible for the right person.
To find out more or to apply for this position email you details and CV here.
The skill and knowledge of our team is our greatest asset and passing this onto future generations is the way to guarantee that we can continue to maintain our levels of service and ingenuity. Apprenticeships are at our very core, with 50% of our board members having started as apprentices as well as many of our current team.
We have developed partnerships with motivational, highly respected educational bodies that support our learning systems to ensure you get the very best out of your journey. Our commitment to Apprenticeships is proven by us being awarded Apprentice Champion of the Year in 2014.
If you would like to find out more about how to get started, email us now.
If you believe you have the quality and experience to add to our team, we look forward to hearing from you.Email your CV here.